Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cello (Experimental)

Me to shape with paper twisted,
tension in sleep; find a bare wall.
Me to see yet be, and I swear silken--
breath I roll plain to strain door locks.

The strings of weave, final and emerging--
crane-coiling. My eyes darkened
to each. I know your music;
I feature the shut it disperses to meet.

Hear the delusion dimensions
and my shoulders close;
Know that I am when our sheets tighten--
we became your outer and quickly learned air
you carried between creases and folds.

You are a heat I discern as striving,
and where I see blossoms focus I wander
as a one-and-convinced forget,

until we stand near to planes--
entrance doors.

I note fingers
in the memory; I name strings
as I and anonymous meet.
I am side-followed--
a draw that's easing,

with nothing lacing my eyes.
I, the plain familiar scent
of apart. I reach for tendons and body.
What to you new compels dreaming,
dissolves worlds, roped figures.

I, this natural standing between,
that inner between us
and what lingers where I can't descend--
my too-present vibrating sides are fastened elegantly.

(Winter 2010)

3 comments:

  1. breathtaking, Anthony! "we became your outer and quickly learned air" and "as I and anonymous meet" are my favorite lines I think, and the ending works well with the whole piece I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sounds strike me most in this poem. From the first line, "Me to shape with paper twisted." The "a" sound in "shape" and "paper" are the same (is it called assonance?).
    The last line is my biggest issue. Not only is it visually longer than the other lines, but it is the only line that uses an adverb. Usually, adverbs are some of the weakest words. What about "fastened with elegance." Just a thought.
    I agree with Elena on the line "I and anonymous meet." Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, in case you are wondering who the heck Robert is, that's my first name. This is Tyson speaking.

    ReplyDelete